Thursday 27 February 2014

Wot, more socks?

Well, I lost a measly 1/2 lb this week but then that follows since I was only good for 1/2 the time. I've had another bad day today. Just don't know what's wrong with me at the moment. After 18 months of sticking to the plan and eating healthily, thinking I wouldn't ever want to eat the way I used to, I'm now in danger of binging the weight back on, which is what I've always done before after a weight loss. I think being cooped up indoors so much is partly to blame, too much time to think about food even when I'm busy. I'm really hoping that as the weather improves I'll want to eat more salads and fruit, and I'll be able to get out and about more. 

One thing that is good about the rain keeping me inside is I've spent more time crafting in one way or another. There's this pair of socks I finished off for DH. 





They're made with the remainder of the yarn I bought for the Doctor Who scarves. £15 worth of yarn made a super-long scarf, a shorter scarf, a pair of gloves and these socks (although I did add in some extra brown yarn as I didn't quite have enough). DH really loves his hand knitted socks as he gets such cold feet. 

I'm a bit sick of knitting socks for now though so I'm making a baby cardigan from a vintage pattern I bought in a charity shop at the weekend. I'll post pictures tomorrow since it's nearly midnight here and I'm at my volunteering tomorrow morning.

My other crafting project is working more on DS2's scrapbook. It's coming together well now with only about 6 pages left to do, so hopefully it will be finished in time.

And just for fun before I go to bed, here's Halo showing off his intelligence by reading one of DH's computer programming books.






 DH will be testing him on what he's read later!










1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean about the binge feeling, I had an axciting day yesterday and then had a fairly good dinner and then picked all night. I went to bed stuffed to the gills and had an uncomfortable night. I have just eaten for the first time today, pitta pizza using RTC pitta 6 for 20p, a tbs tom puree 10p,1 slice ham RTD 20p, " slices of mozzarella 15p and a sprinkle of grated cheddar half price offer, 15p. I did have 2 and will have a light dinner tonight, my lunch cost 67p as near as dammit is to swearing. I may have to turn this into dinner one night with a bowl of salad. The socks look great.

    ReplyDelete