Friday 1 January 2016

2016

Just popping in to wish you all a happy, healthy New Year. 

We stayed home, watched And Then There Were None, the Agatha Christie mini series I'd recorded over Christmas, ate pizza, chips and cheesecake whilst also listening to blaring music from our noisy neighbours. A twist to their New Year's celebrations this year was them letting off fireworks in the street at midnight and for about 20 minutes afterwards. Quite scary, they were going absolutely crazy, and I'm sure it's probably against the law to let fireworks off in a public road, but it would have been no good phoning the police, especially at this time of year, so we cowered indoors praying one didn't come through our window. 

I'm glad the holiday season is finished and I took down the tree and packed up all the decorations this morning. Old grouch that I am, I don't see the point in having them up when the celebrations are over and I'm pleased to be getting back to normal.

I haven't really made any resolutions although I do hope to walk more, to be stricter with my budgetting (and not stray off track so easily), and also keep my weight in check for another year.

I hope the first day of 2016 is treating you kindly and long may it continue.

Love and hugs, Helen xx

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family. I hate taking my tree down. I counted the ornaments on it this year-164!! They are all collectors and dated ornaments and no two are alike. I've been collecting since 1978! It takes me 2 days to put the tree up and put out my collection of santas and other stuff so I'm never in a hurry to take it down! I don't know how many boxes of stuff we end up with (15-20) and the all have to go up in the rafters of the garage. Oldest son said he would put them up for us this year so that will be a great help. They seem to get heavier every year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boys put up and decorated the tree, but it did seem to take an awfully long time to dismantle and I dont even have many heirloom type ornaments. Glad its all packed away in the cupboard under the stairs for another year.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year. I like to stick to an older tradition and put the tree up later and take it down on Epiphany. I am sure that you were ready for the less cluttered feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too, Suze. I know the tree's not supposed to come down until 6th January (my mum always said it was bad luck to take it down early) but I'd rather have things back to normal once the festivities are over so I can move on with the new year.

      Delete