Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy 2017

A  wet and windy start to the New Year, but I'm feeling positive and we did manage to get out for a short walk despite the inclement weather. 

We were blessed with a relatively quiet New Year's Eve. No loud music from next door although they played the same game as last year and let fireworks off out in the road, this year launching rockets from their dustbin. Thankfully that only lasted for about 15 minutes. We watched the final part of Harry Potter and I just might have indulged in a glass of Jack Daniels and coke and a glass of wine. We had a lovely meal out earlier in the day with DS1, while DS2 and his fiance spent the night over in Canterbury. 

I've done a roast beef dinner today and, since I couldn't make the cake I'd planned on as DS2 used all my eggs to make pancakes yesterday and didn't tell me, I raided the cupboard and put together caramel slices using a can of condensed milk I'd had on the shelf for a while. And yes, despite my good intentions I am going to indulge in a piece. I mean...caramel slices...how can I resist?

I hope your first day of 2017 has been peaceful. Have a good evening everyone, love Helen xx




9 comments:

  1. Nobody could resist a caramel slice....it would just be impossible and unnatural! Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly, Sooze. It was delicious. Happy New Year xx

      Delete
  2. I made a delicious trifle yesterday-hadn't had one for years. It was sooooooo good but I'm sure there were a zillion calories in it so it won't be repeated again until, maybe, next Christmas!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds delicious. DH absolutely loves trifle and I haven't made him one for quite a while so might treat him on Sunday...a reward for his first week back at work after the Xmas break. Happy New year to you, too, Janice xx

      Delete
  3. Happy new year Helen, i hope the move goes well it looks lovely sammie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sammie. Happy New Year to you too xx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete