Wednesday 5 March 2014

Day Out

I've not been blogging lately because there's really not much to report. But today I have a day out all to myself and I intend to thoroughly enjoy it. 

I used to do this about once a month when the kids were younger. DH would look after them on a Saturday and I'd hop on the bus to somewhere like Canterbury or Folkestone and have a good old browse around the shops and treat myself to a coffee or sometimes lunch if funds stretched to it. But I can't recall the last time I did that. 

Mostly now DH and I go out together for the day, but today he's taken the car to work so he can meet up with DS2 afterwards, and I'm making use of his weekly bus pass to have a wander around Folkestone. I'm going to go into every charity shop and spend as long as I like rummaging through everything. Usually I'm either with DH or DD3 when in Folkestone and neither of them like charity shopping, so today I won't feel I have to hurry because I have a bored person wating impatiently in the wings.  

I'll also be clothes shopping in other places (dare I mention the dreaded Primark) because, apart from underwear, a couple of pairs of jeans, a couple of long-sleeved t-shirts and a couple of cardis, I'm still slopping about in size 20 clothes on a size 12-14 body. I've been holding off buying new stuff until I lost the final stone, but it's getting ridiculous now.

By the way, my weight stayed the same at weigh-in yesterday after another week of half and half being good and cheating. I count myself pretty lucky I haven't been gaining but I feel like I'm back in the zone again now and hopefully I'll stick with the plan all this week and lose something next Tuesday.

Right, I'm off to catch my bus now. I'll pop back on again later to report on my day if I'm not too knackered after all that shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment