Thursday 11 September 2014

Migraine From Hell!

I was intending to post earlier in the week but it wasn't to be, and this will be fairly short as I don't want to tempt fate by being too long on the computer.

I have had the worst migraine ever and ended up taking to bed for 2 days. I started with a mild headache on Sunday afternoon and went to bed at 8.30pm. I felt a bit better on Monday morning so pottered about, went to Aldi and also picked a few blackberries from nearby bushes. Unfortunately, by the afternoon I was feeling really rough and once my stomach started acting up too, that was it and I had to give up and go to bed. I was either in bed or hugging or sitting on the loo for the next 48 hours and the headache was monumental. The trouble is, when I have a migraine I cannot seem to shut my brain down and simply sleep it off. Luckily I don't get them as often as I used to but they sure like to hang about when I do.

By yesterday I was starting to recover but still had no appetite and felt totally washed out, but I did spend my time on the sofa in front of the TV wisely by working on finishing the Aran cardigan I've been making with yarn bought for £3.99 for a 400g ball from Aldi. 

Today, thankfully, I am feeling much better although still a bit weak and spaced out, and I have eaten soup and a couple of crispbreads and completed the cardigan. Thankfully DH and the boys have been wonderful. DH has quite enjoyed getting his own dinner, although he's mostly just eaten sandwiches, but tonight I'm making a pork stir fry although I won't be eating any...more soup for me until I get my appetite back.

The photo's not great, but here I am modelling the cardigan. I'm not sure the short, waist length style flatters me particularly, but it might look better with a skirt.


The yarn is 72% acrylic, 25% wool and 3% viscose. I already had buttons that were the perfect size and a good colour.

At least it fits while most of my clothes are now way too big. I suppose throwing up for 2 days and barely eating for another 2 days might have its compensations in my weight loss this week. I don't think losing an extra lb or 2 is worth feeling that ill, though.

Hopefully tomorrow normal service will be resumed and I can get out of the house for some fresh air.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    I think a longer length cardigan would look better, it sort of cuts you off around the middle. Are you able to add some to the length perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cardigan is lovely. Such a pretty pattern around the bottom and cuffs xx Glad you are feeling better. I've never had a migraine but I've heard they are really horrible xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helm, you may feel grotty but girl, you look AMAZING X The cardigan would look brilliant with a dress, or layer it as you have in the photo but maybe with a longer line top underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to read that you have been so ill - I am glad that you are on the mend. My mum used to have terrible migraines and retreat to a darkened room but the curse bypassed me, although the YFG has had some horrendous headaches and been investigated for them. She's had some physio for stress in her neck and it seems to have helped her, so I doubt hers are migraines. I love the delicate pattern around the borders of the cardigan - I think it's great. Well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cardigan is lovely, I think it will be perfect with a skirt or dress, I did not realise that Aldi sold wool. I hope that you are recovered soon, I used to have migraine years ago and like you it meant 2 days in bed, horrible.

    ReplyDelete