Monday 9 June 2014

Race For Life

On Sunday 15th June I am doing my very first Race For Life at Folkestone. No, I will not be one of the front runners, racing away at lightening speed. Plans were for DD2 and I to walk the 5km together but as she texted this morning to say she's hurt her ankle and might not be able to do it, I may well be plodding along at the back by myself. I will be walking it in memory of my mum, Maureen Beniston, who died at the age of just 72 in 2005 from mouth cancer (and she was a non-smoker all her life), and for DD3's BF who had cancer as a child, endured months in hospital, operations and aggressive chemotherapy at a young age and may not now be able to father children. 

Being something of a recluse when it comes to social interaction, I haven't asked lots of people to sponsor me but thanks to DH and DS1 I have so far raised £60 in donations, plus the £15 I paid to enter the race. I hate asking anyone for anything but this is such a good cause I hope you don't mind me putting a link here to my fund raising page. It's a simple donation page and the charity will get the money whether I complete the race or not.  I am putting a link here just in case anyone would like to donate...even a £1 will add to the coffers of this deserving charity.

Link:http://www.justgiving.com/heleng57?utm_source=DM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2014_InSer_PreR3

Thank you for reading. Hugs, Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment