Tuesday 26 November 2013

Weight Lost, Money Earned

Much to my surprise I actually lost 1lb this week. I guess that the days I was 'good' must have outweighed the naughty days. I'm now only 3.5lbs off a 4st loss. I'm hoping to get there by Christmas if I can just eat healthily for the next 3-4 weeks. I won't beat myself up if I don't because we have a couple of meals out planned next month for DH's birthday, and I will get there in the New Year.

Tonight's dinner was leftover homemade chilli from the freezer served with rice. It was lovely and warming on a very cold day.  There was only 3 of us at dinner, so the chilli will do another meal tomorrow as part of a pasta bake. Including the original meal this chilli will have done 3 meals for between 3 and 5 people.

I made just over £30 on my bits of silver and gold I sent to Tesco Gold Exchange (they really were just broken bits and scraps) and another £20 from Music Magpie. Not a fortune but I'm pleased since it was just for odds and ends I had lying around, and it was much easier than listing everything on Ebay and having to send them off seperately. I'll either use the money to buy DH gifts for Xmas and his birthday or put it by so we can have a night out. We've actually agreed not to buy gifts for each other but to wait and have an outing or something in the New Year. I don't know if we'll both stick to it, usually one or both of us caves in when we decide not to exchange gifts.

This Sunday (Dec 1st) is the grand opening of the Sealed Pot. I only started mine around Easter time, and I just put in any £2, 50p and 20p coins I have left in my purse at the end of the day. I haven't kept a sum of what I've put in there so I'm really excited to find out how much it adds up to. Next year I'm going to have more than one on the go. At the moment I have several online savings accounts that I try and put money in each month, but its too easy to transfer between them all, pinching from one to boost another and vice versa. So I figure that as I've been so good not opening my sealed pot, if I have a couple of them that I put a regular amounts into each month for Xmas or a holiday I'm more likely not to touch it. That's the plan anyway.

Being the old grouch I am I can't wait for Xmas to be over so I can get back to my regular budgeting without having to work around my Xmas spending as well. Bah, humbug!




1 comment:

  1. Haven`t you done well with your little sale of items. And well done on the weight loss, too!!
    We had started a £2.00 challenge pot January the 1st to save money for my granddaughter. So far we have managed to save £500.00, and whatever we save in the future will be used to buy decent Christmas and birthday presents as well as provide a back-up for when Alyssa will start school. School uniforms, PE kits and class outings can be expenses that are hard to budget for when you are on a low income and have a child to bring up. Hopefully, our little savings can help then.

    ReplyDelete