Thursday 17 September 2015

Slimming World Friendly Apple Dessert

Rachel requested I post the Apple Dessert recipe I mentioned yesterday.



It's really easy to make and I'll also say where I buy my ingredients.

So, you need:-

2 medium to large cooking apples (Aldi - 99p for 4 so 50p for 2)
250g tub of Quark (Asda - 90p in the soft cheese section)
250g Fat Free Fromage Frais (Asda - £1 for a 500g tub in the cream section, so only 50p's worth used in the recipe)
Sachet of orange/tangerine/mandarin sugar free jelly (Aldi - 23p)
2 Tablespoons sweetner (optional)

Simply peel, core and chop the apples into a heat proof bowl. Add 2 Tablespoons water and then microwave, stirring a couple of times, until reduced to mush (takes about 3 - 4 minutes depending on your microwave, or you could simmer them in a saucepan). They need to be as smooth as you can make them. Mix the jelly crystals into the hot apple just as they come from the packet, and stir well until dissolved. Add the sweetner if using (either sugar, honey or artificial). I don't always add sweetner as I prefer a tart flavour. Then stir in the Quark and Fromage Frais and mix well until the mixture is smooth. A few small lumps of apple is okay but the idea is to make a sort of cheesecakey/firm mousse texture. Pour into your desired container, either a large bowl or individual pots (I save yogurt pots for the purpose), and leave to set in the fridge.


This dessert is lovely and creamy without the fat and calories. If doing Slimming World then you'd need to count the cooked apple as a B choice healthy extra and 2 syns for the sugar-free jelly (that's for the whole recipe, so only 1/2 syn per quarter of the dessert). Cost wise, this generally makes 6 individual yogurt-pot sized portions at around 34p per portion. 


5 comments:

  1. That sounds good, in both taste and calories. Shame I have just done the weekly shop but I will be trying this. Many thanks Helen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Pam. I find it really tasty and I make it quite often when I'm trying to be good but fancy a nice creamy dessert.

      Delete
  2. Oh it sounds lovely' I like calorie light goodies! Will get the ingredients later tonight x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think of it, Rachel

      Delete