Thursday 9 July 2015

Today's Bargains/Christmas in July

I hadn't done my usual charity shop search for over a week so decided today I'd do the rounds and I came up trumps.

I got this pair of three-quarter length cotton trousers in the Barnados shop for £1.99.

 They're C&A, a great fit and will go on holiday with me at the end of the month (in the hope of some nice weather). Barnados are one of the cheaper charity shops in town with most of their clothes and nik naks priced at £1.99 and their books at 4 for £1.99. There is a Scope £1 shop but there's not usually much worthwhile in there.

In the YMCA shop I got this Slimming World recipe book for £1.49. 


Although I don't follow the Slimming World plan to the letter any more I do still use it as the basis for my everyday eating and the book has some good ideas for fast, healthy meals.

By far my best bargain wasn't even from a charity shop but from W H Smith. They were selling off the remains of last year's Christmas cards (no doubt clearing the shelves to stock this year's cards which seem to be in the shops in August nowadays). I bagged this lot for 10p a pack, normal price £3.99, paying 40p for 40 good quality card. 


I generally make my own cards for family and friends but there's always a need for a few shop bought ones, and DH and the boys also like to send a few to friends and work colleagues each year so these will not go to waste. 

And to finish with, and just because the picture was in the same file as my bargain purchases, here's one of Halo chilling out in the hallway, the coolest place in the house. 







3 comments:

  1. Your bargains are great Helen but Halo is drop dead gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is. He's a colourpoint british shorthair and has the most beautiful blue eyes.

      Delete
  2. He's soooooooooooooooo FLUFFY!!!

    ReplyDelete